New York-Presbyterian Hospital
The University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell Department of Psychiatry, Sleep Disorders Center
Albert Einstein College of Medicine & Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology of Yesiva University
Yeshiva University Program in Clinical Psychology with Health Emphasis Ph.D., Clinical Health Psychology
Dissertation Title: Sleep, Fatigue, and Affect in Women Receiving Chemotherapy for Cancer
University of California, Irvine
Department of Social Ecology
B.A., Social Ecology (Emphasis in Health Psychology)
Meet Dr. Tucker
Clinical Psychology & Behavioral Medicine
Dr. Tucker has spent his career in sleep centers and is board certified, which represents dedication to the highest level of professionalism in patient care, by the American Board of Sleep Medicine. Bringing a wealth of training and expertise in the area of insomnia, sleep apnea, and other sleep disorders, Dr. Tucker has helped countless patients improve their health and well-being by way of a better night’s sleep.
In 2012, Dr. Tucker started his own private practice in Newtown, CT. He provides clinical sleep medicine for adults, adolescents and children as young as two, and also works with patients on issues such as weight loss, anxiety, panic disorder, and depression.
A sought after guest lecturer at medical, private, and public events, Dr. Tucker’s experience, particularly in the areas of sleep and behavioral medicine, is incomparable. His compassionate, comprehensive, and supportive approach has set hundreds of his patients on the pathway for success. His natural curiosity about people, deep desire to help others overcome challenges, and the ability to forge trusted relationships with his patients set him apart.
A California native, Dr. Tucker lives in Newtown, Connecticut with his wife and two school-aged children. Alongside his family, he enjoys hiking, gardening, traveling, art museums, theater and jazz music.
CREDENTIALS AT A GLANCE
- Over 22 years professional experience as a clinician, researcher, and educator at medical institutions including Danbury Hospital, Waterbury Hospital, New York Methodist Hospital and Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
- Since 2012 has managed a private practice in Newtown, CT specializing in Clinical Psychology, Behavioral Medicine, and Adult and Pediatric Sleep Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Sleep Medicine
- Sought after sleep expert and guest lecturer at medical, private, and public events
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Fellow, American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Consultant and advisory board member for the Diabetes Education Program at Western Connecticut Health Network
- Featured expert in national and local print, radio, and online media including Vogue, Men’s Health, ABC World News Tonight, The New York Post, and The Danbury News-Times
- Licensed in CT and NY